The road trip has begun! As we speak I am on the way to the airport (at least I hope I am, if not I am probably going to miss my flight, but I wrote this yesterday so who really knows). I am headed to Detroit, Michigan where I will rent a surprisingly cheap rental car, hopefully hang out with some juggalos and then drive my ass to Chicago. I am shooting the infamous Porn ‘n’ Chicken party Monday night and then I begin my slow trip across the United States via as much as the old Route 66 as possible. I will be taking multi day stops in St. Louis, Las Vegas and LA before heading up the coast to San Francisco and Portland. After that I gotta somehow get my ass back to Chicago and finally fly home from Detroit on July 23rd. It should be pretty insane.
I will be updating this site as often as possible with tales and photos from the road. Hope you are at least 1/15th as excited as I am!
Here are my VERY tentative dates incase you are wondering:
- June 22-23 – Detroit, MI
- June 23-25 – Chicago, IL
- June 27-29 – St. Louis, MO
- July 1st – Tulsa, OK
- July 2nd – Oklahoma City, OK
- July 3rd – Amarillo, TX
- July 4-5 – Albuquerque, NM
- July 6th – Flagstaff, AZ
- July 7th – The Grand Canyon
- July 7-9 – Las Vegas, NV
- July 10-12 – Los Angeles, CA
- July 12-15 – San Francisco, CA
- July 15-16 – Portland, OR
- July 17th – Seattle, WA
- July 18-19 – Driving non-stop back to Chicago
- July 19-21 – Pitchfork Music Fest – Chicago, IL
- July 22-23 – Detroit, MI
- July 23rd – Back To Brooklyn!