I am busy at work on editing photos, working on a possible show or at least portfolio site, and getting ready for my SXSW trip. I am also trying to find work for Winter Music if anyone need a photog. (I might have time to shoot a party or two at SXSW as well, hit me up.) So long story short is that I am just going to throw some links at you. These are things I wanted to blog about, but haven’t really thought they justified a full post. So… here are 5 links, that I dig:
1. My friend Leah Taylor did some investigative journalism at Virgin Records the other day for the Flavorwire blog. She and a friend decided to check out all the cheap deals in store for us all. Her findings made me lough out loud twice. Seriously, I am sitting alone in the dark laughing at my computer screen. That does not happen often. If nothing else she gets you hip to the 10% sale on Christmas Gremlins. Only $24 after discount!
2. Street Boners & TV Carnage. I haven’t seen TV Carnage in years but when I saw some traffic coming to my site from a link posted in the comments section for a Street Boner post I rediscovered TV Carnage. TV Carnage were these DVD’s that just had hours of TV edited into hi-larious montages of bad television. But now they have all sorts of clips and you can still buy the old DVDs I think, rereleased and what not. My favorite was a montage of like 20 cops being asked to turn in their gun and their badge. Classic, yo.
3. What could possibly be better than LOL Cats? Rol Cats. I am not sure if these are found Russian LOL Cats then incorrectly translated into english, or if the whole thing is made up from the get go, but either way they are brilliant. I asked a Russian friend to translate the actual text and she just started laughing and asked me how I find such weird shit. I guess it is like the secrets of a Tootsie Roll Pop, the world will never know.
4. My brother came over to watch Lost last week and we had a conversation about TV we had been watching. I was convincing him to start the Wire and he demanded I watch the live action Tick show. I loved the cartoon, but when the live action Tick was on in like 2001, I tried watching one episode and gave up. I am pretty sure everyone else did too because their are only 9 episodes. That being said, we were all wrong, this show is fucking brilliant and it is now online for free.
5. The Huffington Post comedy section is pretty on point usually. I have been checking it ever since in the post election world they abandoned their original content site 23/6. I was a big 23/6 fan, but they still have some original stuff, and the stuff the aggregate is usually pretty top notch. But my favorite post of late has been their list of the 9 Weirdest PSA’s. I am going to post my favorite for you down below. After you watch it, read the article. And remember, EVERYBODY IS ON COCAINE!! EVERYONE!!